The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (“Alliance”), The Gold Standard Foundation (“Gold Standard”) and Nexus Carbon For Development (“Nexus”) have joined forces to create the Clean Cooking Loan Fund (the “CCLF”), a not-for-profit loan fund that provides cost effective loans to clean cookstove and fuels enterprises to help finance carbon certification costs.
- Any project that delivers durable, efficient and clean cookstoves and/or clean cooking fuels to base of the pyramid households via a market-based approach is eligible to apply for an investment from the CCLF.
- Preference will be given to organisations with a track record in project delivery and to projects with a demonstrated potential for scale.
- Eligible projects may be located in any developing country.
- Projects are expected to repay the CCLF with revenue from the sale of carbon credits.
- An interest rate will be charged to cover management fees and project risk.
Use of Funds
Eligible projects may use CCLF funds to cover the following costs:
- General certification costs, including, but not limited to, screening costs, validation, registration, verification and issuance fees, any costs related to studies establishing baselines or designing monitoring systems;
- For Gold Standard projects, CCLF funds may also cover any costs associated with the Local Stakeholder Consultation (“LSC”) or Stakeholder Feedback Round (“SFR”);
- Inclusion costs (for any Programmes of Activities).
- The registration process begins on April 7 2014 and ends on May 1 2014 at 12:00 AM Singapore time.
- The registration can only be submitted through the online Registration Form. [Survey is now closed.] All entries must be submitted in English. Please read the Call Guide before completing the registration form.
- Only fully completed Registration Forms will be considered. The Registration Form should take 1 hour maximum to complete. The application must be completed in one sitting.
- One registration per project is allowed. In the event that more than one registration is received with the same or nearly identical submission, only the first such registration received will be eligible.
- Questions regarding this expression of interest should be directed to the Nexus Secretariat at email@example.com (please use the following as subject of email: “CCLF ENQUIRY”) from April 7 2014 to April 14 2014 at 12:00 AM Singapore time. Clarifications will be provided on or before April 17 2014, however no assistance in writing the proposals will be provided.
For more information about CCLF and this Call for Proposals, please review the CCLF Call Guide.
Queries by early applicants are answered in this Q & A document (posted 4/18/14)
Nexus also supports the carbon development costs of a wide variety of projects with strong development impacts, including cookstove and non-cookstove projects, that require technical assistance for carbon development. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, using the following as subject of email: “NEXUS ENQUIRY”.
2 – CCLF Call Guide
3 – Online Registration Form [Survey is now closed.]
4 – Q & A – Applicant Queries Answered (posted 4/18/14)